To start with, peel (or minimally wash) a couple of yukon gold potatoes, and cut to 3/4″ cubes. Arrange the pieces on a tray lined with parchment paper and lightly toss with olive oil, salt, paprika and dried parsley. Throw on some cayenne pepper for extra bite. Space the cubes out nicely so they can cook evenly.
Bake in the oven at 180F for 20-25 minutes, tossing them every 5 minutes or so to let your home fries brown evenly and get nice and crispy (if your potatoes are not crispy by 20 minutes, leave them for another 5).
Just writing this post makes me want to go make another batch. Yumm!
Here’s the recipe!
- 2 medium yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cubed (3/4" cubes)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- salt, paprika, dried parsley (or your choice of seasoning) to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss your potato cubes in olive oil and your choice of seasoning.
- Arrange the potatoes spread evenly over the baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, tossing every 5 minutes until nicely browned.
- Serve hot with your choice of main..